Monday, August 2, 2010

Apple, Aqua, and Navy

I've been talking about redoing the hallway (kids) bathroom for a while now. The only problem has been finding a theme/color combination that both kids like and can agree on. So, what are the odds that I might stumble upon the perfect fit as I was walking through Target with no intent on buying bath stuff? Yep, that's usually when it happens. A shower curtain with lots of colorful circles (apple green, aqua blue, and navy) each about 4", connected in a grid-like pattern. Thought the pattern was non-gender specific to appeal to both Samantha and Nicholas. The color palette was perfect for Samantha (she loves apple and aqua) and Nicholas also liked it due to the addition of navy (no pink or purple, please!).

Once the curtain was selected as the jumping-off point, we proceeded to gather other pieces. Bath towels for showers (apple for her, navy for him), hand towels for drying hands and as a toilet tank "cover" (aqua to bring in the 3rd color), an area rug and toilet seat cover (navy) and accessories (toothbrush holder and mini 3-drawer Sterlite in apple). I'll change out the photo frames and paint various sizes of colorful circles on the wall once I have a little more time. But as a whole, I think it makes for a perfect fit for the kids and as a guest bath.

No comments: