Thursday, August 5, 2010

Triple D in action

Sunday, August 1:
One thing that Samantha and I (and the boys, too) enjoy is an opportunity to hit a restaurant featured on Triple D. That's Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, an Dives" hosted by Guy Fieri. When we were in Arizona for Christmas a couple of years ago, we tried our first one (a BBQ place).

We were told there was a good burger joint just 2 blocks from the rent house so we all walked over to try it out. Unbeknownst to us, Joe's Cable Car Restaurant was featured on Triple D a few years ago. How cool is that!

Scanning the menu, there were so many wonderful burger options. Too many to pick from. Samantha wanted to have just a "regular" cheeseburger (4 oz), but wasn't sure if she could finish is all. Plus, she wanted a vanilla malted, too. Hmmmmm. That got me to thinking. My guess is that Guy would have tried their biggest burger (the 8 oz version); probably the most juicy of the bunch. So, I suggested that we order the big 8 ouncer AND the malted and split both. Figured it would provide us with the juiciest of options AND allow us to enjoy some of everything (including fries).

The malted was wonderful! I'm sure I could have polished off a whole one myself! And the burger? OMG, it was THE best burger that I have ever eaten. Seriously. It was a basic burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion. No condiments...cuz it didn't need condiments. So juicy and fresh. And like the malted, I just might have been able to finish that whole thing off myself. I'd have been stuffed beyond recognition but it would have been fully eaten.

So, a shout out to Guy for his choice of restaurants to feature on Triple D. It more than satisfied the great eats requirements. Great Eats? Oh yea, that's Alton Brown's show.

No comments: