Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk

After a family breakfast at Denny's, we temporarily parted ways. Jess, Clint, and Michal took the jeep to Half Moon Bay while the rest of us headed in the van to Santa Cruz and the Boardwalk. But first, we made a quick detour to The Studio. It's the studio where Robert Kelly's Santa Cruz Ballet dances. We learned that this was Week One of their two-week dance intensive. Diana Law was teaching this week but, sadly, we missed her (she didn't teach morning classes and hadn't yet arrived for her afternoon classes).

We pulled up to the Boardwalk and it brought back many memories. Mat and I came to the Boardwalk a few times before we were married. There's always so much to do and see. Much fun to be had. And this trip was no different. And, although they knew we were going to the beach, I don't think the kids they expected amusement park rides and fair food, too.

Our first choice was the bumper cars. And it was a perfect ride for the kids, Papa, and me. Yep, we were able to convince Bob to join us! And from the smile on his face, I'd say he had fun!

But I'm pretty sure that the biggest hit (ride-wise) was the Giant Dipper. That's the Boardwalk's famous wooden roller coaster. They rode it twice and loved it!

Of course, we had to have our fair food. And a choice for both Nick and Nana was corn dog. Nothing else would do. Samantha and I opted to share some orange chicken and rice...which I topped of with funnel cake (sadly, there were no elephant ears).

After the kids and their grandparents rode the sky glider, Jess, Clint, and Michal arrived. The boys got in a quick ride on the Giant Dipper. Samantha and I got to check out some of the shops. And we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.

What a fabulous day!

No comments: