Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy 50th Anniversary!

Technically, it's not until later this month, but this month is the 50th anniversary of Mat's parents. Yes! 50 years. How wonderful is that! It's actually the reason for this big vacation in SF. It's a celebration of two people who have spent the last 50 years together. Living. Loving. Caring. Sharing. And who are THE reason that I am married to the incredible man that I am. If not for them, there would be no Mat. Without Mat, there would be no Samantha, no Nicholas. And my life would be meaningless.

Anyway, we decided to celebrate the big event while at SF and chose The Stinking Rose to have dinner. It's an Italian restaurant that specializes in all things garlic. Otherwise known as The Stinking Rose. The food was incredible! We started the meal off with Garlic Soaking in a Hot Tub (aka cloves of roasted garlic oven roasted in olive oil and butter) smeared over bread. YUMMM!

Everyone tried a little something different from the menu, and it all looked and smelled wonderful. Mat ordered the veggie lasagna while I opted for the garlic roasted prime rib....both were mmmmm! And I don't think anyone had any leftovers.

It was a stinkin' great meal!

No comments: