Saturday, April 9, 2005

Taking a Little Time Out

Well, bro is off to the airport so that he can return to his family. Since I have a day until my loved ones return, I plan to take advantage of the quiet time to get some scrapping done. It's the one thing I love to do (next to spending time with my family) when I want to unwind, relax, and regroup. Besides, I've got a couple of circle journals to add to before they have to go postal to my scrapbooking pals. Guess this might take a little explaining...

For those who don't know, a circle journal (a.k.a. CJ) is a special friendship scrapbook album. A group of friends (either local or across the miles, as is the case with my group) decide to trade CJs between each other. Each scrapper creates her own journal based on a theme of her choosing. In my case, my CJ is titled "Read Me a Story, Mommy." The theme is intended to answer the question "what is your favorite book?". The book might be one your mother read to you or a book you now read to your children or grandchildren. Perhaps it's a fav book from college. Whatever the book, each participant creates a scrapbook layout which answers the question and includes photos and journaling. Then we pass on each journal to another participant. When we get the next person's CJ, each person adds to it using the theme of that CJ's owner. Oh...in case you were wondering, my fav book is "Twas the Night before Christmas." We purchased the book for our daughter's first Christmas and it has become a family tradition to read this book each Christmas Eve at bedtime. EGADS! This whole explanation reminds me that I have an article to write for One Scrappy Site (mea culpa, Angie!).

As for CJs in my possession, one centers around Flat Stacy and requests photos and info about my home town and and a second CJ asks what my favorite song(s) are. The first one is done. I probably should pop on the radio for inspiration for the second. The station I tend to listen to plays a lot of 60s/70s music...I listen for the 70s tunes (not so much for the 60s). Okay, call me a disco girl. I grew up with the stuff and have always been a dancer at heart. Not just social dancing. I mean jazz, ballet, modern. Turn up the music and my feet take over! Maybe a little dance music right now wouldn't be such a bad thing, huh? Another way to take a little time out ... just for me.

No comments: