Friday, May 27, 2005

Heading into the long weekend

So, one more day of work then a 3-day weekend for us. No, we aren't going out of town or doing anything that some might consider "special". I, for one, will be glad for the break in the action. We've got a temporary lull in our evening activities, what will baseball and tball ending last week. Soccer does start up in 3 weeks so we'll take advantage of the calm for now. DD's school is in session today. For most, that's no big deal. However, her school district had originally planned today as a professional day, of sorts. Which would have meant a 4-day weekend. However, they are making up one of their missed snow days today. Kinda ironic, when ya think about it - since we hit the low 90s yesterday and expect more of the same today and into the weekend. Hard to think about snow right now.

Making slow by steady progress on my CKU-A circle journal (CJ). It has to be mailed tomorrow. And when I say "has to", I mean HAS TO! I don't think it'd look too good for the swap coordinator to be delinquent the very first time outta the block! It's about 75% done so I'm fairly certain it'll make my deadline. Then I can concetrate on other CJs. They won't be so difficult. When you do your own, you not only have the 2page LO to contend with, you also have the title page, instruction pages, sign-in page, etc.

The kids are anxious for their grandparents to arrive. DH's folks are driving up for a week, specifically around DD's end-of-year ballet recital. They also happen to be here on the right days so can go on her class' final field trip. Imagine! Riding a school bus with 30 kids and who knows how many parents! Younger siblings cannot attend...at least, not ride the school bus (district policy). Understandable.

"Gotta Do It" challenge: The sun's out! Well, at least in our neck of the woods. Bright yellow. Not a color that I typically scrap with. So, grab a sheet of bright sunny yellow and get creative. Background for a kids' LO. A card. An accent for a summer page. Ya know ya gotta do it!

No comments: