Wow! Memorial Day just flew by and now we're into June. The countdown is on till school lets out for the summer. Not until June 16 for our school district (due to a later start than other districts). But we have a full 2 weeks ahead. DD's school is having their spring music program on Tuesday, as well as their annual spring feast. Families are invited to enjoy a picnic lunch with their kids (bring your own lunch, of course). Then, on Thursday, my in-law drive into town. The kids are sooo excited at the thought of Papa and Nana coming for a visit. They'll be here to see DD's ballet recital and go on her year-end field trip, too.
I've spent a productive day hammering eyelets into 25 6x6 recipe swap layouts. I started earlier this week but finished a little while ago. And since each layout contains 43 eyelets, you know my arm is aching! I was able to use up some old eyelet stash so that's a good thing.
While I was hammering away, the kids got to watch the first two episodes of Star Wars. Or should I say the 4th and 5th episodes - what with the prequel they came out with recently. These would be considered the original Star Wars and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Borrowed the DVDs from my friend, Cindy. The two kids who've never seen Star Wars, they seemed to know quite a bit about the movie (mostly from fellow classmates). And since I've never seen the movies (yes...sad but true, I've never watched the original nor any of the follow-on episodes), we decided to watch them together. Two down, one to go (on the trilogy).
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a CJ from my CKU-A group. The layout is actually done but I need to add it and send it on it's merry way. There's been a package box without a key for some time now (part of our community mailbox) so I'm wondering if perhaps it contains the late CJ. Unfortunately, we don't have a key (none in our mailbox) so probably not. I think I'll leave a note for the mailperson to ask if the box might be mine).
"Gotta Do It" challenge: For as long as it took to hammer those eyelets, it was great to eat into my stash of moldy-oldy supplies. Why don't you do the same? Nothing new on a LO or card. Just tear into your stash. Grab a sheet of older cardstock, some old embellishments, and use 'em up. NO...2 months is not considered OLD. I'm talking 1 year or more old. You'll feel good when you see your old stash dwindle. Plus you'll have room for all that new stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment