Sunday, May 15, 2005

Somebody slap me!

Okay, so what was I thinking when I signed up for all the swaps that I signed up for (in preparation for CKU-A)? I'm coordinating both the Circle Journal and Secret Sister swaps - which aren't that bad. Once I assign people into groups and give them their Secret Sister, I'm done. But NO...I decide to join both swaps. Then, our dorm for CKU-A decides they want to do a Circle Journal. Okay, I'll bite. That's two CJs! Oh yea, I'm still in the middle of one over at the Jungle. Three strikes and I'm outta time! I'm also signed up for a recipe swap. Make 25 identical 6x6 layouts using a sidedish recipe (they'll be swapped out at CKU-A and I'll return with an album of 25 different recipes). And a ribbon swap (buy 20 yards of 4 colors of ribbon, cut into 1 yard lengths, wrap one yard of each on a piece of cardstock). Gotta go shopping for ribbon now.

The good news is that I made it through last week. DH is back at home from his trip to CO. Boy, we all missed him. Within 30 minutes of his plane's arrival, we had to jet off (pardon the pun) to take DD to her troop leader's house. They left for Brownie camp on Friday and got back today. DD said she had a great time. But she did tell me that when they all started singing "You are my sunshine", she started to cry. That's one of the songs I've always sung to her at night since she was born. It was hard to hear how sad it made her, but I was thrilled to know she is reminded of me when she hears that song.

DS wasn't happy when she left to camp but was less bothered when I told him that a friend was coming for a sleepover (the sibling of one of the other Brownies who went to camp with DD). This gave the other parents a kid-free night. They owe us one! LOL

"Gotta Do It" challenge: With all that talk of ribbon, I guess I should use up some of my stash before I add another 80 yards to it! So, do a LO using ribbon. Solid, striped. Grograin, sheer. Anything ya got.

No comments: