Once upon a time, in a kingdom far, far away... Okay so it wasn't exactly a fairy tale. However, there was a time when I put in my fair share of time working in a mall (several different ones, actually). My retailer of choice...Macy's. Hey, I had one heckuva wardrobe during those days. Even have some stuff still in my closet. And since my wardrobe tends to lean towards "classics", I can actually still wear some of my old stuff. Okay, those pieces that fit, that is!
So this weekend found me shopping the Macy's One-Day Sale. Once upon a time, it used to be called "White Flower Days". We even wore a real white flower (or a silk one). Best time to find great deals. So, I hit the clearance rack knowing I can usually find something I want. Sure enough, "take an additional 50% off" on their already half-off clearance prices. Okay, 45 minutes and $80 later, I had 8 items in my car. Hey, not too shabby since much of it was INC and other high-end labels. So, while DD was in ballet, I hit the store again. Picked her up with yet another bag of items for me! Must have been feeling guilty or in a buying mood cuz I took my little girl and went right back for more! This time, we shopped for her. Four pieces, $35. Score another bargain for me!
Now, keep in mind that this was all on Friday...the day BEFORE their real sale day. They'd just pre-signed their clearance racks. On Saturday, I took both kids with me and we hit the kids' racks again. This outting was more for our son. He scored with two pair of Polo corduroy pants at $11 each (the "splurge" for the day). Grabbed a couple more things for her and had to hit the men's section least I return empty handed with nothing for my mate! And I admit, I did get myself a couple pair of pants and 2 skirts. Hey, until now, all the stuff for me was apparel for "above the waist". Had to give my bottom half it's equal due....right? So, guess I'll be styling when I head in to work tomorrow!
"Gotta Do It" challenge: Multiple trips to the same store. Why? Cuz I LOVE Macy's and I know I can always find what I like there. I'm the same with some of my sb vendors, too. Making Memories. Yeppers...I can always find something I like in their line. LOTS of somethings. So, what's your favorite line of sb product? Whatever it is, grab multiple items and crank out a LO. Paper, eyelets, frames, ribbon. You name it, you scrap it!
No comments:
Post a Comment