Another whirlwind trip for another cheerleading competition. This one was at Evergreen College which meant another late night drive (didn't leave town until 8pm Friday night). Luckily, we didn't have to check-in until 11am on Saturday. Oh...and can you say "FREEZING"? OMG! I've never in my entire life walked into a gym that was so packed yet sooooo cold. I told some of the other parents, "I'd be more than happy to pay an admission charge if it would allow them to turn on the heat!" Brrrrr!
DD's squad's performance was not their best (they dropped a stunt...actually, it didn't even make it up) , but there are potholes to be had on the road through life. As for the Senior squad (our highest level squad). THEY WERE AWESOME! They pulled off the best performance I've seen of their routine. No dropped stunts, great timing, just fabu! And what made it even more fabu was the fact that they were competing against their "cross-town rivals". There's another gym in town that has All-Star competition squads. Because of differing skill levels and squad sizes, only the senior squads met head-to-head (and this was the first competition that both gyms have been at together). Needless to say, our seniors knew they'd have to pull off a flawless performance...and they did! All of us "spectators" got to see the other squad perform (right before our seniors). My guess is that Coach didn't let them watch their competition. Anyway, the other squad did a nice routine but the door was open. Winner take all. We were all SOOO proud at the incredible job the gals did. So happens that one of the seniors is our primary babysitter so I felt like a had more of a vested interest in the outcome. GREAT JOB, GALS!
"Tag...I'm it (yet again)!"
My pal, Becca, must have decided that I wasn't blogging enough (...she's right...) so she tagged me via her blog http://randomthoughtsbybecca.blogspot.com/
WHAT SCRAPBOOK LINES/PRODUCTS/ETC DO YOU DISLIKE?
Hmmm... there's really nothing that I "dislike". Just stuff that I don't like as much as other stuff. LOL! OK. I don't use too many stickers these days - except some of the more "upscale" alpha stickers. Especially since the arrival of rub-ons. And particularly the "cutesy" ones (think Mrs. Grossman's here).
WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER HAD TO SCRAP?
I have yet to scrap about losing my mom and dad. Mom passed in 1998, dad just last year. I'm not sure I really know where to begin, but I know I need to do these LOs for me and for my kids.
WHAT TECHNIQUE DO YOU USE MORE THAN ANYTHING?
Hmmm...lately, more inking can be found in my LOs or cards. I love the liquid chalk inks (Clearsnap...I LOVE YOU!).
WHAT'S THE SMALLEST SCRAP OF PAPER YOU SAVE?
Since I have a file folder for scraps (actually, I have a folder for each color - both solid and pattern), I must have scraps that are 1"x1"...maybe smaller.
EVER HAD ANY SCRAPBOOKING-RELATED INJURIES?
I've experienced the occasional "why didn't I take the extra 10 seconds to get the mousepad instead of using my finger to push through this nailhead" or the "I could have sworn this UTEE was cool enough to touch" incident.
FINISH THIS SENTENCE, "IF I WASN'T A SCRAPBOOKER/STAMPER, I WOULD SPEND MY MONEY ON..."
Fabric! I was really a big-time sewer/quilter for a while there. But after the kids were born, I wanted to document things in their and our family life even more than before. So, sewing and quilting took a backseat to scrapping. Actually, it's more like "they got outta the car and walked".
GIVE US YOUR BEST STORAGE OR ORGANIZATIONAL IDEA:
We had my good friend, Diana's DH, build some storage shelving in our laudry room (which is more than a room at 20'x30' or so). Having LOTS of room is always a good thing. And I do love those Sterlite drawers for sorting things. I have many in my sb room....I mean, laundrey room (I must remember to do the laundry sometime).
YOU JUST WON A WEEK LONG SCRAPBOOKING CRUISE FOR 5. WHO'S GOING WITH YOU?
Okay, Becca picked some celebs so I'll start with those first. Yes, I said first. If she can bring 6 instead of 5 (not following instructions), I can show that I'm just as good as she is (at not following instructions).
So, first, my Instructors (in no specific order):
LB: Lisa has been at every CKU I've been to thus far. I read "her" mag religiously (...yes, it'll always be Lisa's mag to me). So, the cruise would NOT be the same for me if she were NOT there. Period!
Margie Romney-Aslett: Of course Margie would be there. I'll not be DENIED the pleasure of her company. To those who ask why, I reply SHUT UP! One class with her (I had the pleasure of taking her album track at Provo last summer) and you'd know why, too! So, LET'S SAY A PRAYER that this cruise comes about!
Danelle Johnson & Melodee Langworthy: Cannot, repeat, CANNOT have one without the other so I'll count them as one (heck, gives me one more instructor I can add, right?). I am thrilled to know these ladies. Yes, I do know them. Not just because I attended a CKU that they taught at. These ladies have not only opened their hearts to all the gals who go to CKUs but share their insight and thoughts and ideas. They do so via an incredible YAHOO group and through their blogs and emails. I am counting down the days until CKU-A in San Jose where I will finally be able to join the hundreds of lucky ladies who've been in their album track! OMG...I sooooo can't wait!
Stacy Julian: Incredible! Stacy's classes are always incredible! She has a presence that is unmistakeabley STACY! Love her style. Love her passion. Love her magazine. Love her. And the fact that she's from Spokane (just down the road) and a Physical Education major (me, too) gives her added bonus points from me!
And last, but certainly not least....
Angie Pedersen: She is Ms. BOM (Book of Me). She is the person who got me scrapping about myself and to document my life for DH, my kids, and their kids. She has been an incredible mentor to me. And she's my boss...since I'm on One Scrappy Site's DT. I was thrilled to FINALLY meet up with Angie at CKU-Provo 2004. It was a great time. I enjoyed taking a class with her. And finally got the photo with her that I so desperately wanted (got to check off that box from the "Things I Want To Do Before I Leave This World" list).
Okay, so I know have my 5 (okay, 6) instructors lined up. Which pals am I taking with me? More difficult here.
Again, in no particular order....
Cindy: Our kids have know each other for almost their entire lives. The fact that we both scrapbook is another bonus. She and I have been to 3 CKUs together, including last Provo (she's one of my fellow Scrappin' Biker Babes). We visit chat often while we wait for kids at the dance studio. She happens to work at our LSS. And she's a great friend.
Diana: I met Diana at work, when I left my job and trained her as my replacement. Then we discovered we both scrapbook. The rest is history. We are members of the Scrapbook Jungle's DT, plus she has gone to UT with me for CKUs, to Portland for conventions, and crops. Though we don't get to see each other as much as we used to (don't ya hate it when work gets in the way?), we do keep in touch via phone and emails and have periodic "we must do lunch" lunches.
Crazy T: Another fellow Jungle DT member, Tracy has opened her heart and her home (and her family) to me each year since we met. We crash at her place before CKUs in Provo and get to visit with her awesome kids. She is an incredible scrapper and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. Her kids are awesome (did I say that already?), her DH incredible...and her sb store is fabu (I spend TONS of cash there each year).
Nola: Okay, this woman is wild! She's wild in her personality (in the bestest of ways). She's wild about scrapbooking. I was fortunate to have met her via CKU-Provo and get to keep in touch via Yahoo boards, message boards we both visit, and emails. I love her work. And besides, she makes me laugh. And in close quarters for a week, ya gotta have people around who can make ya laugh, right?
Marcia: Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! Though we've only known each other for a year (if that), we've become fast friends. We met via the CKU-A Provo 2005 Yahoo board and she joined the dorm that Cindy and I were trying to form. The dorm that became the famous "Scrappin' Biker Babes". Marcia created the oh-too-cool logo that played a HUGE part in making the SBB dorm come to life. And we email each other like crazy! It's strange how much alike we are for two people who don't seem to be alike. For CKU-A Chicago, we both selected the exact same class schedule without knowing what the other had picked out! And since she helped to coordinate some of our dorm member's schedules, she and I will be sitting in every class together. How cool will that be!
Okay...per Becca's instructions, I'm tagging 4 more ladies.
So here they are (in no particular order):
Diana (she's finally blogging)
Marcia (tagged by me again)
Amy (yes, me again)
Kyra (hey GF, how've ya been?)
"Gotta Do It" challenge: Even if you don't blog, feel free to take the challenge by responding to the questions above in a LO. Use hidden journaling if you don't think it will all fit on the front of the LO. Short, bulletized lists are always a great journaling option, too.
2 comments:
Great minds - we tagged each other!
I was just so glad to tag you first for a change!
And I couldn't name only five friends for my cruise--SOMEONE will have her feelings hurt when I choose SOMEONE ELSE! That's why I named celebs. And yeah...my friends have already noticed that THEY weren't named...
Glad to see your post!
xoxo.
Post a Comment