Yes, my life lately has been a jungle. In many ways.
On a routine basis, I can be found at the Scrapbook Jungle. It's a oh-so-fun website with great members and a fabu design team. Oh yea, I guess I should mention that I'm on the DT there. Okay, so I'm talking about my fellow team mates here. Great talent, great spirit, great friends, great time. Tons of great LOs in the Gallery (which I need to post to very soon) which are quite an inspiration to all.
This weekend, DD dances in The Jungle Book, the ballet being performed by her company. The costumes and makeup for this are incredible (after having seen photos from the last time they did this production). My baby girl's gonna be a plant. Green facepaint and painted feet, too. Can't wait to see her do her thing.
Jungle of a schedule. Had another cheer competition last weekend in Spokane. And the gals did great. Three of the four teams took first - including DD's squad. The senior team took 2nd, behind their crosstown rivals. The other squad did a great job so no taking anything away from them. However, it sure didn't help our gals' efforts that one of the gals broke her hand just days before the competition! Yes...and the team just flew to Orlando today for Nationals! They had to rechoreograph many parts of the routine. Best of luck to the senior and junior teams. GO FORCE!
I've been working some long days at work, too, what with having to work on submitting our budget for fiscal year 2008. In the Federal government, the budget has to be done 2 years out. It's quite a learning experience, let me tell you! But I have a great team and one of my coworkers (my backup) has been working with me to get things squared away. She's a pretty awesome lady.
And if that's not enough, CKU-A is filling what little time I have left. Chicago is less than 3 weeks away, and registration for San Jose is next Wednesday night! OMG! I have way too much to do to prepare for both. Better get crackin'!
"Gotta Do It" challenge: It's a Jungle out there...so scrap it! That's the motto of the Scrapbook Jungle. So let's have a little fun with this. Do a LO that includes a jungle theme. Or has lots of green and leaves in it. Maybe you made a recent trip to the Rainforest Cafe and snapped some pics. Or you're getting ready for your 2006 garden. I'd love to see your LO...and get a little green with envy!
No comments:
Post a Comment