Thursday, May 25, 2006

Coming to a close...

The school year, that is. For me, it's become more and more apparent over the last two days.

Last night, we attended the school district's annual fitness competition. All the schools (3rd grade and up) sent the "best of their best" to compete in various events. DD was in the "sit and reach" and was so excited. She stretched and stretched beforehand, then took her turn. She came away with a personal best !! And, although we don't know the final results, we were very proud of her. We then watched some of the kids from her school compete in their events. Lots of fun!

Today, I taught the last session of Junior Achievement for this school year. I've been teaching the same teacher's class (Mrs. Baker) for about 4 years now. It happens to be the same grade as our oldest. I tried to also teach her class but that teacher also has a J.A. consultant that has been in her room for many years. But I did know many of the kids in Mrs. Baker's class since they've been in the same class as DD before. We did the final lesson, then I handed out certificates and chocolate cupcakes! Can you guess what the big hit was?

Just a couple more weeks of school then it's summer vacation. The kids will be sad that they won't see many of their friends nearly as often as they like. But they will both be attending summer camps sponsored by the Y. Lots of fun activities to keep them busy. Too bad they don't have an adult version for us parents. But then again, we wouldn't be pulling a paycheck either. So I guess we'll have to keep to the status quo!

No comments: