Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Counting down to yet another CKU-A

This time, the location is San Jose. Back to my old haunts! I'm a former NoCal gal so it will be fun to go there again. This time, I'm not in a dorm (sadly) but I will be participating in the Magic Tour Bus. Plus I'm hostessing the Rainbow Embellishment Swap and co-hostessing the Secret Sister swap. Yes, I still have to do something for the contests (the CBX LO and album cover) and hope to work on those starting this w/e.

I'm also in a Circle Journal group with my dorm from Chicago. What a fun bunch of gals they are! I'll be seeing one of them, Kim, in San Jose (she's also a roommate this time). And I'll be sending her my CJ here shortly (it's coming, Kim!). My theme: "Every Now & Then". Concept: What would the "now YOU" say to the "then YOU" (teenager) if you could offer some sage words of advice? It was good for me to sit and think about the stuff that really has mattered in my life. I wrote myself a letter, expounding upon the things in life that really matter. Of course, the teenage ME would probably not agree on my priorities now. Oh well, such is life...MY LIFE, that is.

On a different note: Tonight, we will head towards one of the local high schools for a district competition. The events are all those that the elementary kids participate in (related to the Presidential fitness program). DD is representing her school in the "sit and reach" event. For this, you sit on the floor with your legs outstretched into a "box" of sorts. You reach over the box and beyond your toes. You are trying to get the furthest reach (stretch). She had the best mark at her school so was invited to this. Other classmates were selected for other events. The student rep from each school for each grade gets a certificate and the big winner for each event/grade gets a tshirt that proudly proclaims his/her accomplishment. She is very excited to represent her class (and well she should be!). Of course, we'll be there, rooting her one. Camera (and zoom lens) in hand!

No comments: