Friday, July 21, 2006

Yet another "room redo" find

Ahoy matey! Let's set sail on a trip far, far away! Okay, so I'm not really going on a boat ride. Heck, I'd probably get seasick anyway. But I'm so pysched at my latest "find". Last night, I stopped by one of our local craft stores and hit their outside "tent sale". Lots of markdowns, most quite picked through (I'd been there before, too). But they've added an additional 70% off the dregs. As I got to the end of the tent, I noticed they had these bookshelves. Oh, but not just any old bookshelf. These are those oh-so-fun shelves that are shaped like a boat! Yes, a boat! You've seen them. I've always thought they were cool and in the right setting would be awesome. But the price usually calmed me down. When I first saw this one in the tent sail, it was marked down to $150 (from it's original $249) . Not a bad price but still more than I wanted to pay. Well, yesterday, it was added to the 70% clearance. So it's now $45! Okay....$45, I can do! So, it's now sitting in Nicholas' bedroom.

His room is painted yellow and denim blue. But we've added some nautical items along the way. No plan, but happened. Years ago, he'd been given this shadowbox with a dozen or more mini "knots" mounted inside (with each knot's name). He also got a ship with 3 masts when he got that. Then last year, we inherited a hand-painted oil of a lighthouse (painted by his great-great grandmother) which proudly hangs in his room. Well, this bookshelf is the perfect addition, don'tchathink? I love it when I can find things that just work perfectly AND can be had for a great price! I feel like I'm on HGTV with all the room redos we've got going on!

No comments: