What an awesome production! "Wicked", that is! OMG, it was incredible. Did I already say that? I knew the general storyline. Prequel to "The Wizard of Oz", wherein pretty popular blonde coed (aka Glinda the Good Witch) is thrust into rooming with strange outcast green coed (aka Elphaba, the Wicked Witch...WW) before Dorothy hit the land of Oz. Had the soundtrack to listen to for months now (great music, too, BTW) so we were ready for a fun show. What I didn't expect was how funny it was -and- how they wove in the original show and explained a few things like... "how the WW got her black pointed hat" and "why WW was after those ruby slippers". It was great!
Of course, we did our requisite damage at the souvenir stand - two tshirts (one each for Samantha and me), one stuffed monkey (for Nicholas), and one program. And if there was any way we could see it again, we would!
Besides the great show, we had great company. We drove over with the Skinner Family. The girls got to ride in one van, the boys in the other. Which was probably best for the parents. I can just hear echos of "are we there yet?" if they didn't have a buddy to visit/play/talk with.
We got to eat at a few places we don't have in town (that's our rule of thumb and turned out to be the same for the Skinners). For dinner, I had a yummer sturgeon with Yukon gold garlic mashed potatoes and sauted green beans (still with some snap....yummm). Samantha had bites of it, too, and declared it a winner all around. We had lunch at Macaroni Grill (spicy sausage manicotti) before hitting the theatre.
It was a great weekend, indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment