Monday, February 12, 2007

Another productive weekend...

WOW! I’ve been in a scrappin’ groove lately. Since it’s not something I’m used to dealing with, I figure it's best to take advantage while the mood strikes...cuz it seems like it hasn't struck often! Plus, the dreary weather we’ve experiencing has been more conducive to staying indoors.

Armed with Elsie’s book, I tackled 4 more of her challenges.

#6: Cluster ribbon accent – Don’t you just love the pile of slippers? The dancers kick them off just before they head onstage (keeps the dance floor clean). I had these old Hugs sitting around and an extra 4x6 copy of the photo. Decided to combine the challenge with the photos.




























#7: Take an artistic photo – Okay, I wasn’t sure how this one would turn out. But I love it! Without Elsie’s help, I’d have never thought to snap this pic of the inside of our new washer.




#8: Group 4 photos – I have many similar photos of Samantha’s Nutcracker rehearsals that I thought this would be a great use of them. Making one BIG focal photo. Very collage-y. don’t ya think?

#9: Doodle on a photo – I’ve had this enlargement for some time now. Just never knew how to put it to use. Didn’t want to crop down all the snow but it just seemed so…so white! Perfect place for doodling. Again, something I doubt I’d have thought to do had it not been for Elsie!

And just to prove that I scrap challenges other than Elsie’s, here’s one I pulled together for a Scrap That Moment color challenge (use red/pink/white in honor of Valentine’s Day). The photo was taken several years ago but it captures Samantha’s playful side quite well.

No comments: