Thursday, February 15, 2007

If I had the day off, I would...

Okay, I'm tackling Jozzie's challenge (over at "Scrap That Moment"). Since I only have a little time to post, I knew I couldn't get into some elaborate "if" moment or I'd never get off the puter. So, I trimmed it down to just "today".

So, if I DID have the day off, I'd be at home with some music playing in the background. Probably doing some scrapping, but I'd be tempted to sidetrack and do some organizing. I've got soooo much s-crap that I need to go through it. You know, "put it away", "give it away", or "throw it away". But I'm a hoarder. Very bad hoarder. Especially when it comes to my scrappin' stuff. I've been making some strides as I've been tackling Elsie's challenges. Trying to use up old stash. Specifically hitting the stuff that is sitting out-and-about. Then, what's not used (like extra paper from a line, or extra embellies), I've been forcing myself to put away (even label). May not seem like alot to some, but it's the baby steps towards having my scrapbook room...and the rest of the house...back in order!

Oh...and I'd be baking a cake. Samantha found a recipe for ChocoToffee Triffle on the counter (another "found-and-needs-to-be-put-away" thing) and wanted to make it. Mat bought the six (count 'em, six) Heath bars that go into it. We have the whipping cream. We now just need the cake to be baked and crumbled. That's MY part.

If only I had the day off!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh, that cake makes me SO HUNGRY!!! mmmm

day off, that sounds lovely--I don't remember what one of those is like, lol (even though I had a couple off after CHA...it seems that I got so busy again that I've forgotten!)

I know what you mean about being a hoarder--I can't let go of things--and especially because I like altered art--every little piece of ephermera that I find I NEED TO KEEP--my studio looks like a resale shop!

DaLynnRmc.com said...

Sounds like a great day off, and I'll take some of that cake girl! Love the Elsie layouts and have marked your blog for future reference. ;) Thanks for the link!
~~DaLynn