Nothing much to say today. Just a quick post during my lunch. Went to jazz class last night after missing last week. I was really tired and light-headed. Think that has more to do with the reason I missed last week. I've been fighting this "thing" that almost every other red-blooded American is fighting. Mat had it first (guess I can thank HIM for sharing with ME?). I just hope I don't give it to the kids.
OH! We got Saturday's paper and there was an article with photo of a teacher being proposed to during a school assembly. That teacher would be Nicholas' teacher! Yes! On Friday, he had mentioned something about an assembly being held that was because his teacher was getting married. Hmmm...sounds suspect, honey. We figured he got his story mixed up. Well...he didn't! The assembly WAS because his teacher is getting married. Her fiance surprised her with his proposal during the assembly (the assembly for Ground Hog's Day was just a ruse). She was soooo happy...and she did say YES!
Later, Samantha and I attended a cheer competition and watched her old cheer squad from last year perform. It was great to watch her greet her friends, their moms, and her former coaches before we sat down. Every one of them gave her hugs and asked the $1M question..."When are you coming back?" I know she loved watching all the teams, but it was also hard for her to watch them perform and NOT be out there. When her former teammates finished their performance, she was crying. My poor baby. I know it's hard to have to make those difficult choices at a young age. But I told her I thought she made the right decision for her for now. Doesn't mean she can't change her mind in later years. But for now, I know her dance (and those Nutcracker performances) mean the world to her.
Oh!!! I almost forgot! Last week, Nicholas earned his first stripe in Karate! Yes, he tested (along with a couple dozen other students) and passed with flying colors. Red, to be exact. Not a red belt. A red stripe. Once he earns 4 red stripes (for his white belt), he graduates to the next belt color (yellow, I believe). He was so happy. And I had to make sure I sewed that stripe on nice and straight and neat. Of course! He's my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment