Last week, our family attended a big home show. You know, the ones where all the builders, vendors, etc. set up booths to entice you to buy new property, or install new flooring or windows. One of the booths had a small display of stuffed animals. They were the size of Beenie Bears. Very cute. The sign says they are $5 each. Samantha asked me if she could have one. Like any other mom, I said "sure...if you buy it with your own money." Hmmmm. So as she's thinking, one of the booth guys walks over to see if she wants one. He gives us the price then adds "all the proceeds go to March of Dimes." Samantha knows what March of Dimes is about so, without hesitation, says "Yes, I want one. Mom, I'll pay you back when we get home." I was so very proud of her.
After she selected her bear, she rushed off to grab Nicholas. He came to see and I told him the same criteria, explaining what March of Dimes is all about. "Yes, I want one, too." That's my boy! But the best part... when we got home, both children rushed straight to their rooms, each returning with a $5 bill. No reminders needed. No "oh, I forgot". Just two smiling children, holding tight to their new little bears. And one oh-so-proud mom wrapping her arms around her precious and healthy kids. What could be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment