First, hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving. We did! Mat's sis, Jessica, and her DH, Clint, arrived around lunchtime on Thursday (they flew up from SoCal). We ended up having dinner around 6:30pm (usually eat around 4pm) cuz the turkey wasn't quite thawed. But it finally did and the meal was great...if I do say so myself. Had "the bird", stuffing, gravy, mashed and sweet potatoes, and green salad, rolls. For dessert, we had pumpkin and pecan pies! YUMMERS!
Hit the stores at the crack of dawn on Friday. This year (for the first time), Samantha came with me. I'd done all her shopping beforehand so it was okay for her to join me. We got lots of great deals (quite a few BOGOs and rebates) so checked off most of the list. Still a few little things but nothing we can't handle.
We closed the visit by going to a hockey game. We won 5-1! Whoohoo! Gotta like that. And anytime we score 5 goals in a game, your ticket stub is good for a free burger at a local burger joint. Again I say, WHOHOOO!
Mat started hanging Christmas lights yesterday while the kids and I started decorating the house. No tree just yet (the place we buy from won't open until this week) but we did some of the other stuff.
Even Sebastian got into the holiday spirit...whether he wanted to or not!
1 comment:
I totally can't believe it's already December!! I haven't even thought about our holiday newsletter yet... gotta get started on that. We have THREE holiday parties this weekend!
Post a Comment