Man, where have I been? Obviously NOT updating the ole blogeroo, huh? Been really busy at work and home. Work has been all about getting ready for vacation, KWIM? I'll be headed to CKU this week and I needed to get some stuff pulled together for contests and all of my classes. Last day in the office was Thursday...and boy, did it feel good to walk outta there.
As I said, I'm headed to CKU tomorrow. Very excited and very sad. The sad part is that this will be the last CKU...ever. Yes, they announced that they will no longer be having CKUs. I'm sure it's not as profitable for CK as it used to be. Fewer manufacturers and vendors are signing on to bring all kinds of free stuff to CKU. So fewer scrappers attending than in the "good old days". So fewer CKUs per year. And the cycle continued until they decided that enough was enough. Oh so sad.
As for the excited part, I get to see all of my CKU buddies one last time! Okay, at least in this setting. We all keep in touch via various message boards, Facebook, and email. But there's nothing like getting together at CKU to do what we are so passionate about...scrapbooking.
Excited to be in Margie's album track one more time. She has got to be THE funnest instructor at CKU. Though she isn't with Making Memories any longer, she's still a favorite instructor there. This time, she's teaching for Scenic Route. And Tim Holtz! He is definitely Mr. Technique. You always learn something new from Tim...and his products can't be beat.
So, I'll be flying into Boise where one of my buds, Rita, will get me from the airport. Then we'll drive on down to T's place for the night (she's my dear friend and "boss" over at One Single Seed). T has planned a manufacturer's tour for the CKU Yahoo groups. We get to hit Cosmo Cricket, Adornit, and SEI. While on the tour, we'll meet up with Carol and Karen (two former dormies) then continue our way down to Provo, stopping at a few more select LSS.
We'll do a half-day bus tour as part of CKU this year before we take our first class on Wednesday. No dorm this year (the only other sad part about this CKU) so we gals will have a little more time on our hands (none of the rehearsing or prep work).
Speaking of prep work, better get back to packing my scrapping supplies...
No comments:
Post a Comment