Samantha has always been the creative one. Throughout elementary school, she would write poems and short stories. We loved to read the many tales she came up with. So it doesn't surprise us when we read something unique that she's penned.
However, as I was going through her pile of corrected homework, I stumbled upon a truly incredible piece of prose.
Anxiety
Anxiety is a baseball flying through the air...the suspense is endless, will it be caught, will it not?
It sounds like the creaking sound of trees collapsing in the distance; as you shiver in your burrow fearing that someday soon, the sound would not be quite so distant.
It tastest like a wad of gum as the flavor starts to fade away and the truth is slowly being revealed.
It smells like burnt toast, crusty and dark, the sharp scent against your nose.
If feels like the shivers that you get when you hear nails on a chalk board. The horrible screeching loud in your ears, making you flinch at the sound.
According to Samantha, the assignment was to select an emotion and, within the writing, describe what that emotion might sound, taste, smell, and feel. Although I'm no expert, I know what I like. And I truly love this.
No comments:
Post a Comment