Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting in Touch with Friends

With the end of CKUs, I am going to have to find a new way to keep in touch with my scrappin' buddies. While in ABQ, I was able to have lunch with Valerie (aka ScrappyVal). Val and I met a few CKUs ago, then capped it off with being in a dorm together at CKU 2008. We were "CKUville: A Who's Whoville of Scrappers". And we were one of the 3 dorms selected to perform at that CKU. It was a great time and I think we all did a great job onstage.

For today, we were able to meet up at Nick and Jimmy's, a restaurant owned by her BIL (Jimmy) and his partner, Nick.
Shameless plug: If you are ever in the ABQ area, be sure to stop by. The food was great, the ambiance wonderful.

She caught me up on the happenings of her kids (she has 4 handsome boys) and family. We reminisced about CKUs and pondered where we might meet up again. I even got to meet her lovely sister.

After we left, we headed over to two LSS nearby. Sadly, the first is closed on Wednesdays and the second is closed for the final two days of the year for inventory. What are the odds!! So, we headed over to Hobby Lobby (knew THEY'D be open) and picked up a few things on sale. Our visit wound down just as Samantha called to tell me that they were headed out to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel". Rather than have Val drive me all the way home, I had Mat pick me up on their way to the theater.

Thanks, Val, for a great visit and trip down memory lane!

No comments: