Yes, like many of my fellow moms, it seems like I spend many a night driving one child or another from one location to another. Sometimes, the distance isn't so much the issue as is the timing. For example, on Tuesday night, I met Mat and Nicholas for dinner before heading home to check on Sebastian. After letting him outside for a bit, I headed to pick up Nicholas and a teammate from baseball practice so I could drive them cross town to Nicholas' pitching lesson (friend, Jamas, was going to catch).
Enroute, Samantha called to say her dance class had let out early. Of course! she said she'd be fine waiting at the studio with another dancer whose mom couldn't get there right away either.
Get to baseball practice, grab two boys, then jet off to the lesson. Get the boys situated, then off to pick up Samantha. In car and we 180 degree and head back towards the lesson. "Mom, when am I going to have dinner?" Oops, almost forgot that little factoid. Head through drive-thru before getting back to pitching lesson.
Nicholas and Jamas get done, then the 4 of us rush back to baseball practice for 30 minutes. Boys run in, with bags in hand, and finish out practice. Finally, we all head home. And that was just a 2 hour span. Oh well, such is the life of a taxi mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment