Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Everything Old is New Again!

Monday, August 2:
It doesn't matter how often we come here, I always enjoy a visit to the Wharf! All the sights and the sounds. The hustle and the bustle. All the things that make up Fisherman's Wharf! Oh, and the food. Did I forget to mention the food? We had lunch at The Crab House. All kinds of wonderful stuff. Samantha and I shared crab cakes. Then I had the crab fettucine (yumm!) while Samantha had mac and cheese (only this was the REAL/GOOD stuff).

Then, after a little bit-o-shopping at Pier 39, we decided to try a little something new. A cruise around the Bay on the Blue and Gold Fleet. The boat trip took us across the Bay, right up to AND UNDER the Golden Gate Bridge. What a truly incredible sight! Getting to look up at that wondrous sight -- one that I've seen many times below -- from this vantage point...WOW!

After getting back on solid ground, Jessica and Bob opted to return to the house (Jess had some animation homework to work on; Bob decided he was ready for some rest). The rest of us decided to take in the Pier 39 aquarium. Pretty cool! And even better was to share it with Kathy, Clint and Michal. Family.

Final stop before leaving the Wharf -- Ben and Jerry's. Gotta love a big ole scoop of ice cream.

LOVE THE WHARF!!

No comments: