Spent some time last night and this a.m. working on a matchbook minialbum by Basic Grey. I added some inking, embellies, and stickers to make it into a minialbum for a fellow CKU Anaheim student. Have no idea who since it's for a swap. A paintcan swap, to be exact. Yep, we each decorate a one gallon paintcan (paintcan key included) and fill it with 10 items, one item for each letter in CKU ANAHEIM. This would be my "M" (matchbook album). Then again, it could be "A" (for album) if I can't come up with enough for both A's. Of the 10 things, 6 have to be new sb items, 3 are hand-creations, and 1 has to be a treat! There are 70+ participants, so far. Reminds me of the Rainbow Embellishment swap that I hosted in San Jose (and assisted Marcia, fellow Scrappin' Biker Babe, with in Chicago). I had 6 (?) groups of 10 swappers. Think Marcia had 7 or 8 groups. Man, that was some major swap!
Also, I posted a challenge at the CKU Yahoo board. Think we are all hanging around the board too much...and not scrapping! So, I offered a little RAK for one random winner who posts a newly-created LO using some BLING!
I'm having tons of fun at the HAPPY board! That would be the Yahoo board for us gals taking the album track with Michelle Hill (of Li'l Davis). Just call me Fab Five #1 of 5. Yep. The first five of us gals who joined/posted to Michelle's board started calling ourselves the Fab 5. And we're numbered in the order we posted to the group. Now you know who the first poster was! Also my good buddy, Carol G, from CKU-A San Jose (wavin' atcha, Carol) who is #2. Then there's Margo (#3), Nina (#4) and Vicki (#5). Oh...and let's not forget about Buffy. She's not in this album track but wants to be involved with the Fab Five...so she's Wanna Be 6 of 5! We're having loads of fun with this...and we're not even in Anaheim yet!
Had a drizzly start to the day but eventually, it let up. Gave me time to get some more roses pruned. More like hacked back! I didn't do much in the way of pruning in 2006, and I'm paying for it now! There's a pile of rose clippings, which Mat is kindly getting rid of as I continue thru the bushes.
After picking Samantha up from rehearsal, we drove to the store and found her an Easter outfit. Lots of fun and pretty dresses out there. But I asked her to buy something that she could wear again, preferably at school. No frilly dresses, please. We walked thru the aisles and looked at lots of things. I pulled a few very cute outfits out, to which she said "no". That's okay. I'd rather she tell me now that it's not something she'd wear often than to buy it and have it sit in her closet. She found a very cute skirt with an handkerchief hemline and a cotton tank-style top that looks very nice with it. She can definitely wear the top during the spring/summer and the skirt is something that can be worn at school and church. I think she made some good choices. That's my girl!
1 comment:
Man I miss CKU! I hope you have a great time with this group!
Post a Comment