So back in the late 90's, I used to be the coordinator for our office's "Day of Caring". It was an afternoon where anyone who wanted to would volunteer to work 4 hrs at one of our area's not-for-profit agencies. I'd work with the United Way to obtain various projects for teams of people to do. When I got my promotion, my ability to continue leading the annual event was greatly reduced. Eventually, we stopped holding the event.
Happily, it's been reinstituted this year! So, a team from our office worked at a local agency that helps young children (pre-school) and their families. We did lots of yardwork, washed their windows, and help organize some of their supplies. They were very appreciative and we felt good about giving back to our community. The good news? Weather was good; little breezy but warm. Bad news? At times, it seemed a little too warm. Couple that with hard work and boy, AM I TIRED!
After taking Samantha to piano and dance, I headed over to watch the end of Nicholas' baseball game. When I arrived, they were already in the top of the 6th inning! Man, we're usually playing 3 or 4-inning games. Apparently, it was a battle of pitchers. At the end of 5 innings, it was 1-0 (we were on top). D.J. pitched 4 great innings, then Nicholas took over in the 5th. He faced 4 batters, striking out 3.
Our team scored 10 in the 6th (score now 11-0), then Nicholas finished out the game, striking out the three batters he faced. Seven batters, six strikeouts. Nicely done, my son!
So, as soon as I publish this post, I'm headed to bed. I'm completely wiped and need to get some zzzzz's.
1 comment:
Congrats to Nicholas! And I'm sure you are VERY tired, but a good kind of tired.
Post a Comment