Friday, May 15, 2009

Finally Friday

Been waiting for this day. Last weekend was fun; spent with my girl at the dance festival. But it was busy (filled with much to do) and spent too far away from home and "the boys". Work week is done. I dropped the kiddos off at school and am now sitting here in my chair (the one that we had custom-made...picked the style and the fabric), next to the window with the sun streaming in. Front door is open and I can hear the birds chirping. Very quiet (except for the birds), very relaxing, very nice.

Thinking about going camping this w/e. Since we never know enough in advance what the kids' dance and baseball schedules will be like, we can't make reservations at a camp site. Mat said he and Nicholas could head out with the camper right after school lets out. They can check out a couple of places not-too-far from home and, if they find a site, they can set up the camper then come back for us (she won't be finished with dance til later this evening).

Decided to follow the Scouts' motto: be prepared. Shopped for "camping food" after we dropped Samantha at school (Nicholas doesn't start until 45 min later). Worst case, if we can't find a camp site? We'll BBQ and such in our own back yard. Hey, no probs with that scenario.

But for now, I'm chillin'. Then I'll head to my scrapbook room and work on a hybrid card for OSS (don't forget, we're doing hybrid projects this month so head on over and check it out). Also need to finish a mini album that's in the works. Almost done; just need to add the final touches then I can share.

Enjoy this truly beautiful day!

1 comment:

Nancywithajones said...

oh sounds like a fun weekend although my idea of camping is in the bed in the a/c of my house hahahahahaha